Remote Online Notarization
A digital closing done by Remote Online Notarization (RON) allows signers and notaries to be in separate locations. Digital signatures are used to authorize and finalize the transaction. RON utilizes a secure audio/video connection, usually via webcam, but the connection still includes the authentication steps of a traditional notarization. Transnation Title has already partnered with Pavaso, a respected industry provider, for the secure platform needed to conduct such transactions.
It’s important to note not all transactions will qualify for a RON closing. However, if closing remotely interests you, and you can answer “yes” to the following questions, please contact your local office.
- Do you have a computer with a working camera, microphone and speakers?
- Can you effectively utilize a computer and troubleshoot any potential issues?
- Do you have the technology and proper setup needed to facilitate such a transaction?
This would include:
- private, dependable, high-speed internet connection
- well-lit room for the closing to be recorded on audio and video
- mobile device for ID verification and authentication process
- Must have a U.S. Identification and a U.S. Social security card
- Must consent to the Remote eSigning/eNotary process
- They will be audio and video recorded
- Must be tech savvy with the computer
- Understand basic troubleshooting
- Must have equipment needed for the eSigning/eNotary process.
- Computer with a camera & audio (microphone and speakers)
- Private strong internet connection
- Able to sit in a well-lit private room
- Must have a mobile device to scan the ID for the ID verification process